The Madison County Farmers Market (MCFM) is on Saturdays, 9 AM to 1 PM at White Oak Pond Christian Church, 1238 Barnes Mill Road, Richmond.
This is a new market year in a new location. Our top priority is the safety of our customers AND our vendors. As a member of the Richmond Community, the MCFM will adhere to the COVID-19 guidelines set by our Governor AND the Madison County Health Department, and we ask our customers to be patient and understanding to ensure the market remains a viable source of locally grown and produced foods.
Changes you will encounter this year at the market include:
- Only one person per household may be permitted into the market area.
- Traffic in and out of the parking area will be ONE WAY. Please follow the signs;
- Vendor booths/tents will be separated by 12 feet. Please do not enter or exit the market area by taking "shortcuts" between vendor tents;
- To ensure adequate social distancing space, we may need to limit the number of customers periodically throughout the course of the market hours of operation;
- Customers will NOT be permitted to touch any product until purchased. Vendors will have signage detailing the products to be sold, how the products will be sold - by the pound, the bunch, the bag etc.. and the cost per product;
- All products will be bagged in the market's provided Kentucky Proud bags, we are NOT permitted to re-use bags, cartons, or boxes;
- The MCFM is practicing social distancing of 6 feet between customers; we ask that you refrain from gathering in groups, avoid the temptation to hug or shake hands with the vendors;
- Vendor tables will be void of displays and coverings, we are going bare this market season, so surfaces are easily sanitized hourly;
- Thanks to A&A Sanitation, a foot-powered hand wash station with paper towels and soap will be available to customers at each market;
- All vendors will be masked and gloved; and while we realize some customers due to health conditions may have difficulty wearing masks, we ask customers to be masked as well when visiting our Saturday markets;
- If you are sick or have been sick within 24 hours of Saturday markets, please stay home; AND
- The MCFM vendors are offering Park & Pick-Up service for those customers whom would prefer to stay in their vehicles. To learn more about the vendors whom offer this service check out our website at www.madisonkyfarmersmarket.com weekly on Wednesdays for an updated listing.
If you have questions about the guidelines and restriction for Famrers Markets in Kentucky, please call the Kentucky COVID-19 Hotline 1-800-722-5725 and press option 4 for general questions.
Thank you for helping to keep the market open and compliant with COVID-19, we look forward to seeing you on Saturday at the MCFM.